Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanking God For...

So a few of my friends have this habit of thanking God for stuff on their blogs and numbering all of the gifts. Pretty sure they got this idea from Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, which I have not read.  I intend to read it someday but I don't want to wait until then to start my lists.  So here is the first one.

Gifts 1-16
- friends
-a new baby coming soon
-my sweet, fun, rebellious little girl
-Bobby's job
-the day shift
-dinner at the Meeks (again)
-dinner with the Adams tomorrow 
-a washer and dryer to put my laundry in
-being able to borrow a Christmas tree
-candy canes only at the top so little hands can't reach them
-more verbal skills: "Yes, Mamma", "Don't want it.", "Takes off.", "Open pease.", "Read it.", "I'll find it sippy.", "Oliver zoo.", "Don't hit.", "More salad.", "Daddy home soon.", "Daddy work.", "Bible book.", "Pray. Amen." 
-Church family who pray for stuff even when you didn't ask them to
-friends I trust to take care of Rowan when I go into labor
-midwives 
-wisdom to let things go when I need to and hope for more wisdom

I think that's good for my first list. I could go on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment